Since 1910, Army and Navy Academy has been transforming the lives of boys. We are an internationally recognized private school for grades 7-12. Geared exclusively for boys, we offer our cadets the benefit of interactive classroom lessons, a world-class leadership program, and career-related training while they are in middle school and high school. Some of our core programs include STEM, aviation, cybersecurity, media, and design.
Cadets come from all over the United States and we welcome international students from around the world. Although the Academy is predominantly a boarding school, we also offer a day option for local students.
Our campus is similar to a small college setting and offers full facilities, including: classrooms, labs, dormitories, state-of-the-art athletic facilities, student enrichment center, bookstore, recreation hall, swimming pool, and direct access to the beach. We welcome you to visit our beachfront campus in the quaint village of Carlsbad, California. Located in San Diego county, the school is approximately 45 minutes north of the San Diego International Airport, less than one hour from Orange County, and approximately 2 hours from Los Angeles.
Tours are available Monday through Friday and by request on weekends. We encourage families to visit during the week to see the campus in action while classes are in session. We also welcome families to attend special weekend events.
For your convenience, you may schedule an in-person or virtual campus tour. We also make it easy to complete other application steps online.
- Campus Tour – The tour takes approximately 45-60 minutes. Please wear comfortable shoes!
- Student Questionnaire/Essay – This helps us know more about you as a person and your goals.
- Student Interview – This is a time for us to get to know you and to address your questions.
- Parent Consultation – This session will allow families to ask questions, discuss any additional steps, review tuition, and allow us to understand your expectations. Virtual conferences are available!
- Math and English Exam – This diagnostic exam is offered free of charge and is only required if you do not provide other standardized test scores.
Families are encouraged to fill out an online application prior to their visit. If all school documents are received by the time of your visit, we can typically provide an admission decision within 5 business days.
Admission Office Hours
The Office of Admission is located upstairs at the front end of the campus. After checking in at the Operations office on Cypress Street, you will be guided to the office to begin your tour.
“A wonderful place for boys to learn leadership, responsibility, character and the many skills needed to become engaged, purposeful and contributing citizens and young men of tomorrow!”
Preparing for Your Visit and Next Steps
An Admission Associate will contact you after you complete the request form, or an online application. Be prepared for the complete visit to take approximately three hours.
Step #1) Complete an Online Application
Prior to your appointment, please complete the Online Application .
Step #2) Download These Forms and Deliver to Your Current School
Step #3) Bring These Items With You on Your Campus Visit
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Vaccination Record
- Copy of Standardized Test Scores
- Small Student Photo
- Health Insurance Card
- Legal documents (if applicable for custody)
Step #4) Remit the Contract
- Following your appointment, if all documents are received, the file will be shared with the Admission Committee, who will make a determination.
- If accepted, a link to the online enrollment contract and payment system will be e-mailed to you.
Step #5) Attend the Registration and Move-in Day Event
- Enrollment process information and registration day event information will be emailed to you after the contract and first payment are received.
- It is critical to complete all requirements detailed in the Health Portal and Aeries Registration.