About the Army and Navy Academy
Small class size, personal attention and discipline to one's studies motivate each cadet to reach his potential at the Army and Navy Academy, a top military middle and high school in San Diego, California.
The rigorous core curriculum of our college preparatory military academy (based on the University of California's entrance requirements) is taught using a carefully developed learning system.
We recognize that each cadet learns differently, and our student to teacher ratio of 10-1 allows us to utilize appropriate strategies to help ensure each student’s success.
Discover what makes ANA military academy so special—we invite you to watch our campus tour video.
The Academy's unique advantages include our leadership program and its mentoring approach. Additionally, cadets' experiences in athletics, clubs and residential life reinforce teamwork, lasting friendships and ongoing personal growth.
Today more than 300 young men in grades 7 to 12 from around the world walk in the footsteps of over 6,000 alumni.
Army and Navy Military Academy is...
Army and Navy Academy is a college-prep boarding school for boys grades 7-12, with a focus on a rigorous daily schedule. The Academy offers a U.C. standard-based curriculum, an exceptional JROTC leadership program, a Residential Life program that develops character, an Athletic program to promote self-discipline, and an ASB program which encourages community service and extra-curricular activity.
- The student-faculty ratio is 10:1 and provides personalized instruction and attention that few other schools can match.
- Academic Services include an after-school tutorial, mandatory study time at night, homework administration, academic counseling, and college placement services.
- Graduates attend prestigious universities, colleges, and service academies.
- With over 6,000 Alumni worldwide, our Alumni network is an amazing community of leaders in business, law, medicine, government, and the military.
- Our award-winning, Honor Unit with Distinction JROTC program gives the Academy has the privilege of nominating Cadets directly to each of the U.S. service academies, including West Point and the Naval Academy in Annapolis.
- The Academy is a “home away from home" with a military organizational system that teaches self-discipline, teamwork, responsibility, accountability, time management, and leadership.
- With rich traditions dating back to our foundation in 1910, the Academy holds a long history and has built an international reputation as one of the premier military boarding schools in the country.
- The Academy offers a vibrant athletic program and interscholastic teams and competes in 11 varsity sports.
Associated Student Body (ASB)
- Engagement and community service are strongly encouraged. The Academy has a rich mix of clubs. Some of our most popular clubs are Harvard Model Congress, National Honor Society, and Key Club.
- Our campus is located on 16.5 acres on an oceanfront property. Cadets have access to the beach and are within walking distance to the village of Carlsbad, which is a safe community with shops, restaurants, and a local rapid transit system.
- Trainer, Advisor, Counselors (TACs) are assigned to provide oversight after the academic day ends. Cadets receive direction and mentorship from them pertaining to proper grooming, room inspections, and mentorship to instill honor, integrity, respect, responsibility, and compassion.
- The Army and Navy Academy will be a premier, internationally recognized, military boarding school for young men. The Academy's military structure will instill pride in its cadets and empower them to develop academic excellence, leadership, and character traits to succeed in life.