Army and Navy Academy is a college-prep boarding school for boys grades 7-12, with a focus on a rigorous daily schedule. The Academy offers a U.C. standard-based curriculum, an exceptional JROTC leadership program, a Residential Life program that develops character, an Athletic program to promote self-discipline, and an ASB program which encourages community service and extra-curricular activity.
- The student-faculty ratio is 10:1 and provides personalized instruction and attention that few other schools can match.
- Academic Services include an after-school tutorial, mandatory study time at night, homework administration, academic counseling, and college placement services.
- Last year, 100% of all graduates were accepted to colleges and universities, with 90% acceptance to four-year universities.
- Graduates attend prestigious universities, colleges and service academies, including: MIT, Rutgers, Penn State, NYU, UCDavis, UCBerkeley, UCLA, UCSD, UCSB, Calstate Universities, United States Military Academy-West Point, The Citadel, VMI, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Norwich, Boston College and other fine institutions.
- The Academy is a school with over 6,000 alumni worldwide, many of whom have led or are leading highly successful careers in fields including business, law, medicine, government, and the military.
- Army and Navy Academy is the only military boarding school in California. Because of our award-winning, Honor Unit with Distinction JROTC program, the Academy has the privilege of nominating up to three seniors a year to each of the U.S. military academies: West Point, Annapolis, and the Air Force Academy.
- The Academy is a “home away from home" with a military organizational system that teaches self-discipline, teamwork, responsibility, accountability, time management, and leadership.
- With rich traditions dating back to its founding in 1910, the Academy holds a long history and has built an international reputation as one of the premier military boarding schools in the U.S.A.
- The Academy offers a vibrant athletic program and interscholastic teams and competes in 11 varsity sports.
Associated Student Body (ASB)
- Engagement and community service are strongly encouraged. The Academy has a rich mix of clubs. Some of our most popular clubs are Harvard Model Congress, National Honor Society, and Key Club.
- Our campus is located on 16.5 acres on an oceanfront property. Cadets have access to the beach and are within walking distance to the village of Carlsbad, which is a safe community with shops, restaurants, and a local rapid transit system.
- Residential Life Officers are assigned to provide oversight after the academic day ends. Cadets receive direction and mentorship from them pertaining to the following: proper grooming, room inspections, residential life assignments, and mentorship to instill honor, integrity, respect, responsibility and compassion, and the community beyond.
- The Army and Navy Academy will be a premier, internationally recognized, military boarding school for young men. The Academy's military structure will instill pride in its cadets and empower them to develop academic excellence, leadership, and character traits to succeed in life.