About the Army and Navy Academy
Confident, independent, and resilient are just some of the words that describe the Army and Navy Academy Cadet.
Located on the coast in San Diego, California, Army and Navy Academy is truly unique. Our college preparatory curriculum is catered to the ways that boys learn best. Interactive lessons, small class sizes, personal attention, and formal leadership training motivate each Cadet to reach his full potential.
Our combination of leadership education, college-prep curriculum, and committment to teaching in the ways that boys learn best all adds up to create The Warrior Experience.
As a private military school with a JROTC program, Cadets are educated to a set of core values that shape all aspects of life here. Honesty, integrity, respect, responsibility, and compassion are the cornerstones.
Discover what makes our military boarding school so special! Start by watching our campus tour video.
The Warrior Experience
Army and Navy Academy is a college-preparatory boarding school for boys grades 7-12, with a focus on leadership, academics, and athletics.
- Our award-winning, Honor Unit with Distinction JROTC program gives the Academy has the privilege of nominating Cadets directly to each of the U.S. service academies, including West Point and the Naval Academy in Annapolis.
- Our curriculum emphasizes self-discipline, teamwork, responsibility, accountability, time management, and leadership.
- With rich traditions dating back to our foundation in 1910, the Academy is proudly known as one of the premier military boarding schools in the country.
- Our teachers are trained in single-gender teaching techniques. They know and understand the ways that boys learn best, so students stay engaged in the classroom.
- The student-faculty ratio is 10:1, allowing for personalized instruction and attention that few other schools can match.
- Our College Counseling Office and U.C. Standard-based curriculum prepares our Cadets for success after high school, whether that is college or a service academy.
- With over 6,000 Alumni worldwide, our Alumni network is an amazing community of leaders in business, law, medicine, government, and the military.
- With 12 varsity, CIF-sanctioned sports and fun club sport options like surfing and Crossfit, there's an athletic team to fit every Cadet's interests.
- Physical activity is a key to health and an important part of each day. Cadets participate in a team sport or physical training each day after classes end.
- Our state-of-the-art Duffield Sports Complex is one of the San Diego region's most impressive athletic facilities.