Whether during the school year or throughout the summer months, Army and Navy Academy’s focus is set on imparting the values of honor, integrity, respect, responsibility, compassion, and gratitude on all campers and Cadets. No ANA camp emphasizes this mission more than Camp Challenge leadership development camps, the Academy’s unique and predominant summer programs.
Camp Challenge (JROTC Leadership)
Camp Challenge JROTC is the Academy’s summer leadership development program, established in 2010. It is the only credit-producing Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) summer leadership course west of the Mississippi.
Designed for high school students, our JROTC Camp Challenge course will reward successful participants with 180 hours of Leadership Education and Training (LET). During our four-week course, participants will develop self-confidence as leaders and as active team members.
Camp Challenge Leadership Development Program
Camp Challenge Leadership Development Program is ideal for campers who are just beginning to explore their leadership potential or interest in JROTC. Campers will participate in team-building activities, a community service project, and more, all while developing valuable leadership skills.
The camp includes formal leadership instruction in addition to “Foundations of Success” subject matter. Campers will attain invaluable life skills, including self-confidence, team-building, accountability, discipline, and respect.
No matter which summer program you choose, you can expect your child to:
- Feel safe with 24-hour on-campus security and supervision
- Enhance leadership skills including self-confidence and team-building
- Develop accountability, discipline, and respect
- Enrich college applications and school transcripts
- Enjoy full access to our oceanfront campus facilities, including a state-of-the-art gymnasium, cafeteria, library, media center, recreation center, swimming pool, tennis courts, athletic field, and private beach access
What to Expect:
- Development of leadership skills
- Team-building exercises
- Increased confidence
- New friendships
Looking for more? See these photos from last summer.
Ready to Apply?