Summer Leadership Programs
Army and Navy Academy's focus is always on leadership, whether during the school year or over the summer. We are pleased to announce that we are expanding our leadership camp options for Summer 2015. Between these three offerings, there's something for everyone!
Camp Challenge (JROTC Leadership)
Camp Challenge is the Academy’s summer leadership development program, established in 2010. It is the only credit-producing Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) summer leadership course west of the Mississippi.
Designed for high school students, our JROTC Camp Challenge course will reward successful participants with 180 hours of Leadership Education and Training (LET). During our four-week course, participants will develop self-confidence as leaders and as active team members.
Camp Challenge High School
This camp contains formal leadership instruction in addition to "Foundations of Success" subject matter. Campers will attain invaluable life skills, including self-confidence, team-building, accountability, discipline, and respect.
This camp is perfect for the teen who is interested in learning about leadership, but not interested in pursuing JROTC coursework.
Camp Challenge Middle School
No matter which summer program you choose, you can expect your child to:
- Enhance leadership skills including self-confidence and team-building
- Develop accountability, discipline, and respect
- Enrich college applications and/or school transcripts
- Enjoy full access tour oceanfront campus facilities, including a state-of-the-art gymnasium, cafeteria, library, media center, recreation center, swimming pool, tennis courts, athletic field, and private beach
- Feel safe with 24-hour on-campus security and supervision.
What to Expect:
- Development of leadership skills
- Team-building exercises
- Increased confidence
- New friendships
Ready to Apply?
Contact Michael Basista, Camp Challenge Admission Counselor, by email or at 760.547.5288.
Session 1: July 6th – July 18th, $2800
Session 2: July 20th – August 1st, $2800
Co-ed, Entering Grades 9-12
Registration Opens in Early January!
Please contact MAJ Mike Basista for more information.
Are you considering applying to our boarding school? Camp Challenge offers a glimpse into life at ANA.
In addition to getting to know our facilities and instructors, summer campers have several advantages:
- Official record attesting to the successful completion of JROTC course
- Promotion to Private First Class for completion of LET I; or, the next-higher rank for completion of LET II
- New Cadet Orientation credit (for Cadets in grades 10-12 who will attend the Academy in the fall)
- 180 hours of Leadership Education and Training credit
- Physical and Health Education credits for Cadets who complete LET II
- Community service credit
To learn more about the transition from Camp Challenge to ANA, please contact Admission.
Curious what your days will look like as a Camp Challenge camper? Here's what you can expect:
- Team-building activities
- Leadership education
- Physical training
- Drill and ceremony practice
- Recreation time