Spend Your Summer in One of Our Leadership Programs
Camp Challenge, the Academy’s Co-Ed summer leadership development program, began in 2010. Since its introduction as the only Summer Leadership Camp in the West where students receive a full high school elective credit, Camp Challenge has grown annually, earning praise and international recognition from participants’ parents.
2012 saw the introduction of Camp Challenge Jr., which offers the same growth and leadership development opportunities to Co-Ed participants of Middle School age.
Though each program has its own unique elements, both provide exceptional opportunities for young men and women to develop their character and learn to operate as leaders and active team members. In addition, for those young men interested in the Army and Navy Academy boarding school experience, Camp Challenge and Camp Challenge Jr. offer realistic samples of Academy life.
Camp Challenge Participants Also Earn the Following:
- Graduation certificate presented during final day ceremony.
- Official cadet record attesting to the successful completion of JROTC course.
- Promotion to Private First Class (PFC) for completion of LET 1; or, the next-higher rank for completion of LET 2. Cadets from other programs must receive the concurrence of their Senior Army Instructor.
- New cadet orientation credit (for sophomore through senior cadets who will be attending Army & Navy Academy in fall).
- 180 hours of High School Leadership Education and Training (LET) credit.*
- Physical education and Health education credit for cadets who complete LET 2.*
- Community service credit*
*All Credit transferability must be pre-approved by the student’s current school.
- Military structure focused on accountability, confidence, discipline, and teamwork.
- Enhancement of high school transcripts and college applications.
- 24-hour on-campus security and supervision.
- Tuition includes Room and board, books, uniforms and weekend field trips.
- Full access tour beautiful oceanfront campus facilities, including gymnasium, cafeteria, library, media center, recreation center, swimming pool, tennis courts, athletic field, and private beach.
Who Should Apply:
Camp Challenge (JROTC Leadership): Boys and Girls entering grades 10 – 12
Camp Challenge Jr. (Middle School Leadership): Boys and Girls entering grades 7-9
How to Apply:
Applications are taken via online registration. For more information go to http://www.abts.com/register/ or call our Summer Programs Department at 760.434.7564.
Camp Pacific is accredited by the American Camp Association
Army and Navy Academy is accredited through CAIS/WASC.